By R. L. Kotpal
The e-book has been written to cater for the durable wishes of Indian scholars because it is sort of most unlikely for them to selected any unmarried textbook on vertebrates. it really is meant basically as a textbook for the Honours and the Undergraduate scholars of the Indian Universities. notwithstanding, the scholars of upper periods, the applicants getting ready for varied competetive examinations, and the topic academics can also locate it valuable as a convenient consultant for reference. The booklet follows primarily the trend set prior through my textbook at the Invertebrates. therefore, very important Indian animal forms were defined first, by means of chapters on characters, class, different forms and basic subject matters of other sessions of Vertebrates. advent to the Chordates and chapters on Protochordates, Osteology, Embryology and Histology of Vertebrate forms were prepared in separate SECTIONS to accomplish greater knowing and to prevent pointless repetitions. subject matters were chosen with nice care and handled in an easy and lucid variety. Characters and classifications were simplified and controversies refrained from to profit our younger readers. Illustrations were particularly designed with nice dexterity, appropriately, and in conformity with their textual descriptions. it's been my most sensible endeavour to provide greatest details, enough for the scholars, in uncomplicated language, got after sifting and filtering via a number of international textbooks in addition to periodicals and journals.
Read or Download Modern Text Book of Zoology Vertebrates PDF
Best zoology books
The booklet has been written to cater for the durable wishes of Indian scholars because it is nearly most unlikely for them to selected any unmarried textbook on vertebrates. it's meant basically as a textbook for the Honours and the Undergraduate scholars of the Indian Universities. besides the fact that, the scholars of upper sessions, the applicants getting ready for varied competetive examinations, and the topic lecturers can also locate it helpful as a convenient consultant for reference.
This ebook introduces the Australian frog fauna and incorporates a portray of, and distribution maps for every of the 213 species and five sub-species of Australian frogs presently regarded in 2003, commonly in response to Dr. H. G. Coggers taxonomy. greater than one hundred ten new species of Australian frogs were stumbled on and defined because 1960.
Salvelinus species are some of the most completely studied teams of fishes. Many purposes clarify this extreme curiosity in charr biology. Charrs have a Holarctic distribution encompassing many Asian, North American, and ecu international locations and occupy diversified marine and freshwater environments. moreover, the present distribution of charr contains components that have been without delay prompted by way of weather and topographic switch linked to the numerous Pleistocene glaciations.
- Diversity and Adaptation in Fish Behaviour
- The Monkeys of Stormy Mountain: 60 Years of Primatological Research on the Japanese Macaques of Arashiyama
- Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia Fishes
- Fish & Wildlife: Principles of Zoology and Ecology, 3rd edition
- Animal Rights
Additional info for Modern Text Book of Zoology Vertebrates
Blood-vascular rid vessels or arteries. Blood sinuses. The ventral vessel has and the blood in it 4. ,,,,,, Worm great and wen as most hollow name it as buccal are summarized below. Affinities with Chordata fundamental as William Bateson affinities between Their resemblance presence of the three chordate characteristics that Affinities with Urochordata. Hemichordates are nearest to exhibit many close resemblances structure and branchial in to those of urochordates. of the central of similar in both.
2. ueSfiOliS Chordates show between Chordates :md higher ,lIltPN"H',"' Chordata » An Introduction Type QUllstions L 2. and Gnulhostomala, Protochordata and Tetrapoda. Write short notes Hemichordatn, slits, Phnryngenl ChQice Questiolls Which of this (a) A dorsal longitudinal <",,,,f),rti tHY A series of phnryngeal (d) Diploblastic 5. doubtful chordates The endoskeleton structure the muddy present in all chordates? < a bac,kbo:ne (b) Urochordata 14. 15. 9. ANSWERS 2. 7. 8. Cd) 9. (b) 15. 1. an for convenience of the the the retained here a chordate includes a small group of and genus is class genera are Phylum Subphylum Class Family Type Enteropneusta Ptychoderidae was of collar from the 16 ] numerous intestinal trunk.
Modern Text Book of Zoology Vertebrates by R. L. Kotpal