By Mark Summerfield, Jasmin Blanchette
<h3>The purely legitimate, Best-Practice consultant to Qt 4.3 Programming</h3>
Using Trolltech's Qt you could construct industrial-strength C++ functions that run natively on home windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and embedded Linux with no resource code adjustments. Now, Trolltech insiders have written a start-to-finish consultant to getting awesome effects with the newest model of Qt: Qt 4.3.
Packed with real looking examples and in-depth recommendation, this is often the ebook Trolltech makes use of to coach Qt to its personal new hires. generally revised and accelerated, it unearths today's top Qt programming styles for every little thing from enforcing model/view structure to utilizing Qt 4.3's better pics aid. You'll locate confirmed ideas for nearly each GUI improvement job, in addition to refined suggestions for offering database entry, integrating XML, utilizing subclassing, composition, and extra. even if you're new to Qt or upgrading from an older model, this publication can help accomplish every thing that Qt 4.3 makes possible.
* thoroughly up to date all through, with major new assurance of databases, XML, and Qtopia embedded programming
* Covers all Qt 4.2/4.3 adjustments, together with home windows Vista help, local CSS aid for widget styling, and SVG dossier generation
* comprises separate 2nd and 3D chapters, assurance of Qt 4.3's new images view sessions, and an advent to QPainter's OpenGL back-end
* contains new chapters on look-and-feel customization and alertness scripting
* Illustrates Qt 4's model/view structure, plugin aid, format administration, occasion processing, box sessions, and masses more
* offers complex options lined in no different book—from developing plugins to interfacing with local APIs
* features a new appendix on Qt Jambi, the hot Java model of Qt
Read or Download C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4 (2nd Edition) PDF
Best software books
Die aktuellen Entwicklungen in Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft (Globalisierung, E-Business, net 2. zero) haben zwingend auch den Bedarf nach innovativen Lernkonzepten zur Folge. Dabei wird Wissensvermittlung und Qualifikation mit E-Learning zunehmend in die Eigenverantwortung der Lernenden verlagert. Der Bedarf nach Kompetenzentwicklung im Netz wächst.
This can be an instance product description.
This ebook constitutes the refereed court cases of the sixteenth foreign convention on Formal Engineering tools, ICFEM 2014, held in Luxembourg, Luxembourg, in November 2014. The 28 revised complete papers awarded have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from seventy three submissions. The papers disguise quite a lot of subject matters within the zone of formal equipment and software program engineering and are dedicated to advancing the cutting-edge of utilizing formal equipment in perform.
- High-Integrity Software
- Software Synthesis from Dataflow Graphs
- LOTOSphere: Software Development with LOTOS
- Software Directory for Molecular Biologists: A complete guide to the selection of computer software for the management and analysis of molecular sequences
- LOTOSphere: Software Development with LOTOS
Additional resources for C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4 (2nd Edition)
Consider what happens when a program is installed from an optical media such as a DVD-ROM onto a hard-drive—a copy of the software is made. This happens again when that program is launched—the executable file on disk is duplicated into memory in order for the code to be executed. 19 20 Chapter 1 Trade Secrets and Patents When a new technology is developed, developers are usually faced with two primary options for protecting the unique aspects of it. In some cases, filing a patent is the right choice.
A trade secret legally protects the developer from cases of “trade-secret misappropriation” such as having a rogue employee sell the secret to a competitor. However, a product’s being a trade secret does not protect its owner in cases where a competitor reverse engineers the owner’s product, assuming that product is available on the open market and is obtained legitimately. Having a trade secret also offers no protection in the case of a competitor independently inventing the same technology—that’s exactly what patents are for.
At this point, they received legal threats from SDMI and the RIAA (the Recording Industry Association of America) claiming liability under the DMCA. The team decided to withdraw their paper from the original conference to which it was submitted, but were eventually able to publish it at the USENIX Security Symposium. The sad thing about this whole story is that it is a classic case where the DMCA could actually reduce the level of security provided by the devices it was created to protect. Instead of allowing security researchers to publish their findings and force the developers of the security device to improve their product, the DMCA can be used for stifling the very process of open security research that has been historically proven to create the most robust security systems.
C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4 (2nd Edition) by Mark Summerfield, Jasmin Blanchette