By Michael Field
The keystones for provision within the new period of extra schooling could be flexibility of reaction, open entry, equality of chance, and valuing and accrediting alternative routes of studying - all associated jointly in the ideas of delivering life-long studying possibilities. the supply of APL, in addition to the help prone had to determine its luck, can be utilized because the `acid try' of no matter if a school is really open and obtainable to quite a few newcomers. Written by means of an skilled supervisor, this booklet deals valuable suggestion for different managers and senior employees engaged in remodeling their faculties to satisfy scholars' wishes.
Read or Download APL: Developing More Flexible Colleges (Further Education : the Assessment and Accreditation of Prior Learning Series) PDF
Best education books
This ebook can assist remodel and reconsider your ideas for the advance of organizational functioning. It contains info on association improvement and person developmental suggestions. it's also reproducible evaluate instruments, lists of commercially on hand instruments, approach checklists, making plans varieties, ROI computation courses, a coaching selection matrix, simple activity research varieties, and step by step directions for designing, imposing, and comparing developmental concepts.
Learn into college effectiveness in contemporary many years has corroborated the speculation that the college chief has a pivotal position to play in making their university a profitable establishment and particularly in its development. in truth, the college chief is in general stated because the key think about a school’s improvement.
- Nation-Building, Identity and Citizenship Education: Cross Cultural Perspectives (Globalisation, Comparative Education and Policy Research)
- The Administration of Egypt in the Old Kingdom: Highest Offices and Their Holders (Studies in Egyptology)
- Studienarbeiten schreiben. Seminar-, Bachelor-, Master- und Diplomarbeiten in den Wirtschaftswissenschaften, 4. Auflage
- Military Nanotechnology: New Technology and arms Control (Contemporary Security Studies)
Extra info for APL: Developing More Flexible Colleges (Further Education : the Assessment and Accreditation of Prior Learning Series)
8. 8 Life-long learning model Chapter 4 Accreditation and assessment services Accreditation of prior learning is based on the recognition that learning takes place in a wide variety of real life situations. By accepting this the learning is credited as being of equal value to that gained in more traditional teaching and learning situations. The processes associated with accreditation provide opportunities for formally recognising and accrediting all learning no matter where it takes place. THE RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING To the individuals concerned the process of formally valuing and recognising their learning: • • • • boosts their confidence by formally recognising and valuing their past achievements, thereby providing an opportunity to enhance their self-esteem and motivate them towards further learning; provides a more flexible and open route to the recognition of their achievements within an open framework of equal opportunities; accelerates the possible recognition of achievements, thereby providing the potential to save time by awarding full or partial exemptions from recognised awards; widens the potential opportunities of gaining access to: ♦ ♦ • further/higher education/training paid or unpaid employment provides an opportunity to ♦ ♦ undertake or evaluate a career review plan a career change 38 APL: Developing more flexible colleges ♦ • alter an existing career direction provides a platform and framework for personal action planning.
This means that all the ways in which individuals can achieve a recognised outcome must be treated as equal. For example, accreditation Teaching and learning frameworks 35 of prior learning must be treated as being of equal value to traditional teaching and learning. This notion of equal value must be reflected in the physical and human resources provided to support each of the routes to achievement available within the learning network. Increased expectations The future impact on colleges of delivering life-long learning opportunities could well be felt in demands for even more sophisticated systems of teaching and learning based on information technology coupled with interactive learning systems.
Each circle in the diagram represents workers’ job knowledge and skills requirements at various points throughout their working lives. The impact of providing for life-long learning will require colleges to think of new ways of providing services more flexibly through modularisation of learning and assessment of their structured programmes, the provision of flexible open access learning centres, individualised learning agreements and partnership schemes. They will also need to recognise alternative ways of learning other than by structured programmes, including the accreditation of work-based learning through assessment on demand and the accreditation of prior learning.
APL: Developing More Flexible Colleges (Further Education : the Assessment and Accreditation of Prior Learning Series) by Michael Field