By Adrian Burke, David Field, Margaret Brewer-LaPorta
Fourteen papers discover a number of concerns in relation to prehistoric extraction websites, together with ethnography, geochemical signatures, the appliance of neutron activation research, exploitation of erratics, excavation, survey and conservation.
subject matters comprise quernstone extraction, use of hammers, levels of extraction, geographical and social contexts, altering social regimes, the ritualised nature of trips to quarry websites, research of petrofabrics, and the results of joint and cleavage on quarrying perform. contributions are in French with prolonged summaries in English.
Read Online or Download Ancient Mines and Quarries: A Trans-Atlantic Perspective PDF
Best mining books
The petroleum is enduring tricky monetary instances a result of carrying on with depressed cost of crude oil at the international industry. This has prompted significant company restructuring and savings in employees through the undefined. simply because oil exploration needs to now be performed with fewer humans lower than more challenging monetary constraints, it really is crucial that the simplest and effective approaches be used.
Using the excessive cord is the 1st accomplished historical past of aerial mine tramways within the American West, describing their position within the evolution of mining after 1870. Robert A. Trennert indicates how the mid-nineteenth century improvement of twine rope production made it attainable for American marketers comparable to Andrew S.
This e-book on good attempt research, and using complex interpretation versions is quantity three within the sequence instruction manual of Petroleum Exploration and creation. The chapters within the booklet are: ideas of brief checking out, research tools, Wellbore stipulations, impression of Reservoir Heterogeneities on good Responses, influence of Reservoir barriers on good Responses, a number of good trying out, software to fuel Reservoirs, software to Multiphase Reservoirs, distinctive assessments, functional facets of good attempt Interpretation.
Fundamentals of steel Mining stimulated Water is a must-read for planners, regulators, specialists, land managers, scholars, researchers, or others excited about the environmentally sound administration of steel mine wastes and drainage caliber. the 1st of a chain of six handbooks on applied sciences for dealing with steel mine and metallurgical technique draining, this ebook bargains a special, finished point of view at the topic.
- Deep Mining Challenges: International Mining Forum 2009
- Discrimination and Privacy in the Information Society: Data Mining and Profiling in Large Databases
- Borates: Handbook of Deposits, Processing, Properties, and Use
- Remediation of Abandoned Surface Coal Mining Sites: A NATO-Project
- Application of Big Data for National Security: A Practitioner's Guide to Emerging Technologies
- Principles of Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery: 5th European Conference, PKDD 2001, Freiburg, Germany, September 3–5, 2001 Proceedings
Extra resources for Ancient Mines and Quarries: A Trans-Atlantic Perspective
3) demonstrate similarity of raw material use between Karanovo I and Karanovo II. 1. Location Map. Chipped stone assemblages from Azmak: the Neolithic Layer Recent investigations into the chipped stone assemblages from the early Neolithic layer, building levels V–I at Tell Azmak, using petrographic and geochemical methods produced interesting new results. Mineral composition, rock provenance, the origin and the probable source of the raw material were analysed and seen to correspond to the archeological data from Tell Karanovo, phases I and II (Gatsov et al.
Excavation of this site revealed scattered stone spreads which might have defined temporary wind breaks, areas of recent disturbance, a post-hole and gulley alongside a large area of charcoal. The artefact assemblage suggested the primary reduction of raw material; a second small trench some 10m north-west of the first, recovered evidence for ‘many thousands of small trimming flakes’ implying the final stages in crafting rough-outs (McK Clough 1973, 30–1). Taken together, this may characterise a production site which saw raw material processed into near-finished preforms ready for polishing.
Graph. undertaken, the presence of very high quality flint in all Early Neolithic assemblages in Northern Thrace is not in doubt. The flint is yellow, yellow-reddish to brown or grey in colour, opaque, with patterns of stripes or spots of varying density and it is not transparent. This type of flint has been found as relatively large blades in all sites dated to the first half of the 7th millennium in south and south west Bulgaria. Unfortunately, the precise location of flint outcrops or the locations of the workshops is still unknown.
Ancient Mines and Quarries: A Trans-Atlantic Perspective by Adrian Burke, David Field, Margaret Brewer-LaPorta